Google Pixel Android 12 bugs, problems, & issues tracker
New updates are being added at the bottom of this story…….
Original story (published on May 19, 2021) follows:
Google showed off its plans for Android 12 at its I/O event a few hours ago and soon after dropped the Android 12 Beta 1 update for the public.
As expected, there’s a lot to unpack in the Android 12 beta 1 update, however, Google is yet to release its Material You design that has caught everyone’s attention.
But of course, a major new update also means a host of new bugs and issues that will need to be fixed with subsequent updates.
So in this article, we’ll keep tabs on all the bugs and issues that pop up on Google Pixel phones running on Android 12.
Given the fact that Android 12 is only in its beta stages, it won’t be surprising if you run into issues every now and then.
Hopefully, Google will iron out these problems over the course of the beta program that is expected to end in August, if all things go according to plan.
That said, it won’t be surprising to see some bugs and issues slip past the beta testing phase and make an appearance with the stable release.
So we’ll keep track of all these developments in one place to make it easier for you to know whether or not certain bugs and issues on Google Pixel phones running on Android 12 are widespread or not.
Update 1 (May 24)
IST 01:50 pm: As per recent reports from Google’s IssueTacker, users are experiencing a couple of issues on the Android 12 beta 1 update where the Pixel Live Wallpaper is crashing and the QS battery estimates are appearing off-screen. Full coverage here.
Update 2 (May 31)
IST 07:04 pm: It seems that users of the Android 12 beta 1 update are facing an issue where Gmail and other apps are crashing after a few seconds. However, there is a simple workaround to fix the same. More on that here.
Update 3 (June 04)
IST 11:36 am: Google Pixel device owners who use the crypto.com app are advised to hold off from updating their units to Android 12 beta 1 build as the app simply doesn’t work, at least for now. Learn more about that here.
Update 4 (June 07)
IST 11:21 am: Google has reportedly confirmed that they will work on making the Android 12 ripple effect feel less glitchy. Of course, we’ll have to wait and see the newer animation to judge whether there’s any improvement.
IST 03:38 pm: Google Pixel device owners are complaining about battery not charging beyond 80%. But Google says it isn’t a bug and is more of an optimization feature. Find out why.
Update 5 (June 15)
IST 12:26 PM: Users of Pixel devices on Android 12 beta 2 build are reporting issues with an inconsistent Monet theming engine and a navigation bar that remains stuck on the right-hand side of the display even in full-screen landscape apps. More on that here.
IST 02:32 PM: The upcoming Android 12 Beta 3 update may address buggy swipe on lock screen that freezes and prevents dismissing notifications along with the unfinished volume control layout on Google Pixels.
IST 06:33 PM: Some Google Pixel 4a users are facing an issue where the Recent apps button is not working even on the Android 12 beta 2 update. Check out the complete coverage for more details by heading here.
Update 7 (June 17)
IST 09:03 PM: Several users had called for the removal of the gesture bar/pill from the Pixel Launcher home screen and lock screen on Android 12. But Google rejected saying that it’s intended behavior. Head here for the full story.
Update 8 (June 18)
IST 01:46 PM: It is now coming to light that the issue of missing weather and player information on the lock screen and AOD has been fixed.
Marked as fixed.
The issue has been fixed and it will be available in a future build.
Update 9 (June 19)
IST 11:27 AM: Google Pixel users on Android 12 beta 2 are unable to toggle Wi-Fi on/off from Quick Settings and here is all you need to know.
Update 10 (June 24)
IST 10:27 AM: Google is rolling out an update to its Pixel devices on the Android 12 Beta program, this time Android 12 Beta 2.1.
This minor update to Android 12 Beta 2 includes various stability improvements as well as the following fixes:
– Fixed an issue that prevented users from accessing things on the lock screen. For example, swiping down for the notification shade, swiping away notifications, or swiping up to unlock the phone. (Issue #190702454)
– Fixed issues that caused information such as weather and calendar events to not appear in the At a Glance widget on the home screen or lock screen. (Issue #190700432, Issue #190644743)
– Fixed an issue that sometimes caused flickering or jittery animations when accessing recent apps with gesture navigation.
– Fixed an issue that sometimes caused microphone and camera permission indicators to get stuck and disappear until the phone was rebooted.
– Fixed an issue when using the Android Emulator with an Android Virtual Device (AVD) running Android 12 that prevented the AVD from connecting to the internet.
– Fixed an issue where after taking Beta and resetting the device, some users are were stuck on setup wizard (Issue #190082536).
Update 11 (July 15)
IST 01:06 PM: The Android 12 Beta 3 just went live with improvements to the missing Wi-Fi toggle on quick settings.
Update 12 (July 20)
IST 01:06 PM: The bootloop issue on Google Pixels has lived on for some users even after the Android 12 beta 3 update but there is a possible workaround.
IST 06:42 PM: Google Pixel issue where affected Android 12 users can’t dismiss missed call notifications gets addressed and a fix is set to roll out with next update. Head here for details.
Update 13 (July 23)
IST 01:06 PM: The Android 12 beta 3 unresponsive home screen issue after screen unlock is set to get fixed in the next update for the Google Pixels. Details here.
Update 14 (July 27)
IST 12:53 PM: The Google Pixel 4a issue where the Recent apps button wasn’t showing has been addressed in Android 12 Beta 3 update. More on that here.
IST 1:23 pm: Android 12 Beta 3.1 has been released and the search bar issue that was first seen in Beta 3 has still not been addressed. More on that here.
Update 15 (July 29)
IST 02:27 PM: The Google Phone app is doing away with SIP settings on Android 12 indicating that you won’t be able to add a SIP account or use the stock dialer for SIP calls.
Update 16 (August 06)
IST 04:15 PM: Google Pixel users are facing a problem on the Android 12 beta 3 and 3.1 where pulling down the notifications shade from the lock screen shows a blank page instead of the quick settings panel. Head here for more details and a workaround for the same.
Update 17 (August 12)
IST 10:02 am: Google is pushing out Android 12 Beta 4 to eligible Pixel devices and with it, comes a lot of bug fixes as outlined in this official documentation of the same.
– Fixed issues that prevented some notifications about missed calls from being dismissed. (Issue #193718971, Issue #194388100)
– Fixed issues where system theme colors did not apply to some Quick Settings tiles. (Issue #190633032, Issue #190338020)
– Fixed an issue where Quick Settings tiles did not align to the grid when dragging or rearranging them. (Issue #188641280)
– Fixed an issue where the alarm and mute icons did not display in the notification bar. (Issue #186769656)
– Fixed an issue where the primary Home screen was blank when swiping back to it from another page. (Issue #189435745)
– Fixed an issue where, when a Bluetooth device was connected, audio could not be heard after routing the audio to the phone during a call. (Issue #192585637)
– Fixed an issue where the Calendar widget wouldn’t load after it was added to the Home screen. (Issue #188799206)
– Fixed an issue where toggles for some options in the Settings app were not visible. (Issue #193727765)
– Fixed an issue where widgets would sometimes disappear after restarting the device. (Issue #191363476)
– Fixed an issue where RCS messages did not work when a VPN was active. (Issue #189577131)
– Fixed issues that sometimes caused devices to crash and restart. (Issue #194272305)
– Fixed an issue that caused multiple notifications about foreground service launch restrictions to display. (Issue #194081560)
– Fixed an issue where the wrong app would sometimes open when opening an app from the dock or Home screen area. (Issue #194766697)
– Fixed an issue where double-tapping the device’s screen would not wake it in some cases. (Issue #190453834)
– Fixed an issue where the cell signal strength was not displayed in the status bar. (Issue #190894572)
– Fixed an issue where if a screen recorder was active, the notification shade did not animate properly when closing. (Issue #191276597)
Other resolved issues
– Fixed an issue where, when playing music on Youtube Music on Android Auto, some users experienced audio playing out of the phone instead of the vehicle speakers or no audio at all in Toyota Cars.