The Bay Invites Canadians to ‘Holiday Your Way’ With Festive Digital Experience on TikTok
TORONTO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Today, with the beloved magical window tradition opening at Hudson’s Bay in downtown Toronto, The Bay is also excited to unveil a first-to-market, interactive digital experience on TikTok across Canada. Designed to share diverse and unique holiday traditions this time of year, ‘Holiday Your Way’ invites the TikTok community to scan a stripes-branded TikCode featured in The Bay’s holiday windows and create personalized holiday content to be featured on the content platform.
The Bay is calling on all Canadians to share their own holiday traditions through the Holiday Your Way branded effect on TikTok, unlocked with a TikCode for a chance to be featured in Hudson’s Bay’s iconic windows at its flagship store in Toronto, which will feature new TikTok content bi-weekly. As well, every video uploaded between today and December 18th will be entered to win a grand prize $1,000 gift card to shop in-store and on TheBay.com*. To discover the experience, scan the unique TikCode at any Hudson’s Bay store across Canada, on TheBay.com or through The Bay’s social media channels.
“Sharing traditions is a big part of what makes the holiday season so colourful. We wanted to create an experience that shared those traditions across the country and TikTok is an incredible platform to enable all Canadians to participate,” says Leslie Blachford, DVP, Social Media & Targeted Marketing at The Bay. “Whether through traditional or non-traditional tidings, The Bay will help usher in the festive season with all the ways Canadians make this time of the year merry and bright.”
Hudson’s Bay Holiday Your Way windows launched across Canada this morning, in addition to the animatronic windows coming to life at Hudson’s Bay Queen Street in Toronto. The magical vignettes return to give a glimpse into Santa’s secret workshop and to deliver much-needed merriment.
“Visiting the iconic windows at Hudson’s Bay is an annual tradition that brings joy and nostalgia to both the city and to visitors,” says Denis Frenette, SVP Merchandise Presentation at Hudson’s Bay. “We continue to deliver this favourite pastime and are thrilled to create joy with our “Holiday Your Way” windows in cities across the country.”
Passerby can expect the following displays:
- Snow-Making Department: Ever wonder how snow is actually made? A bounty of magical frozen flakes come to life in this winter wonderland. Passersby can snap photos in adult and kid-sized cutouts on the exterior of our windows and join in with our snow angels.
- Candy Cane Department: A look at how the magical treats are made and gently packaged with a robotic arm before being dropped into queue to be sent in Santa’s sleigh and delivered to the children of the globe.
- Gifting Department: A glimpse into all of the parcels being wrapped, sorted and packed by robots working in sync to keep up with the flow of presents coming down the conveyor belt. Plus, new technology allows onlookers to press a button on the glass and one very friendly robot will want to give you a high-five and take a selfie.
- Ornament-Making Department: A snapshot of how some signature ornaments are painted and detailed with precision and care. A giant mechanical hand carefully selects each colour to be applied before the finished crafts are sent out for people to decorate their homes.
- Mail-Room Department: The inner workings of the technology used to scan, sort and process all of Santa’s letters. A giant computer spits out a list of names while a map of the globe gives Santa directions to find all the boys and girls around the world.
Ring in the holiday season with The Bay! Follow The Bay on social media to stay up-to-date on holiday news and events, inspiring gift guide content and to see our Holiday Your Way campaign come to life.
*Certain restrictions may apply, see rules & regulations for contest details.
ABOUT THE BAY
Through a digital-first, purpose-driven lens, The Bay helps Canadians live their best style of life. As one of the country’s most iconic brands, Hudson’s Bay operates 85 full-line locations and The Bay operates thebay.com featuring Marketplace — one of the largest e-commerce businesses in Canada. The Bay has established a reputation for quality and style through an unrivalled assortment including fashion, designer, home, beauty, food concepts and more. The Hudson’s Bay Rewards program is ranked second in department store loyalty programs in Canada.
The Bay and Hudson’s Bay operate under the HBC brand portfolio. Founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s oldest company. The signature stripes are a registered trademark of HBC.