Latest Live News Updates: Russia will pay ‘terrible price’ if it invades Ukraine, says
!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
Shahbaz Sharif opposes Imran Khan’s govt plan to present mini-budget, says it would be national suicide
- Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) President Shahbaz Sharif on Saturday opposed Imran Khan-led government plan to present a mini-budget and said that the National Assembly approving a mini-budget would be national suicide.
- “We will try making the government and its allies realise the detrimental effects of a mini-budget,” Shahbaz said, adding that the current government has become a threat to national security, reported Geo News.
- Pakistan’s economic sovereignty is in trouble, presenting a mini-budget is similar to treating cancer with aspirin, said Shahbaz.
Blinken meets Australian FM Payne, reaffirms deep commitment to peaceful, secure Indo-Pacific
- US Secretary of State Antony Blinken met with Australian Foreign Minister Marise Payne in Liverpool to reinforce the ongoing efforts to promote peace and prosperity in the Indo-Pacific.
- “Great to meet with my good friend @MarisePayne today. We reaffirmed both our nations’ deep commitment to a peaceful and secure Indo-Pacific, COVID-19 economic recovery and resilience, and cooperating to deliver results for our citizens and partners around the region,” tweeted Blinken.
- Both leaders met on the sidelines of the Group of Seven (G7) industrialised nations’ Foreign Ministers meeting held in the UK.
Powerful tornadoes kill more than 80 in five US states
- Dozens of devastating tornadoes roared through five US states overnight, leaving more than 80 people dead Saturday in what President Joe Biden said was “one of the largest” storm outbreaks in history.
- “It’s a tragedy,” a shaken Biden said in televised comments. “And we still don’t know how many lives are lost and the full extent of the damage.”
- As darkness fell Saturday scores of search and rescue officials were helping stunned citizens across the US heartland sift through the rubble of their homes and businesses searching for any more survivors.
- More than 70 people are believed to have been killed in Kentucky alone, many of them workers at a candle factory, while at least six died in an Amazon warehouse in Illinois where they were on the night shift processing orders ahead of Christmas.
U.S. administers 482.7 mln doses of COVID-19 vaccines: CDC
- The United States had administered 482,695,970 doses of COVID-19 vaccines in the country as of Saturday morning and distributed 594,372,295 doses, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said.
Gujarat | A boat owner informed police that a person working on his boat has found 2 suspicious pigeons with a ring, a small device on the pigeon’s leg. We’re investigating the matter. The device will be removed and will be sent for FSL test: Smit Gohil, DySP, Porbandar
A priest of a Kali Mata mandir was found dead inside his room near the temple premises in Nangla village of Bijnor. He was found with an injury on his head. Three teams have been formed to investigate the matter: Bijnor SP Dharam Veer Singh
Madhya Pradesh | Two children who have arrived from Nigeria tested Covid positive. We have sent their samples to NCDC Delhi for genome sequencing: Dr Amit Malakar, COVID Nodal Officer, Indore
“The Twitter handle of PM Narendra Modi was very briefly compromised. The matter was escalated to Twitter and the account has been immediately secured. In the brief period that the account was compromised, any Tweet shared must be ignored,” tweets PMO
The Twitter handle of PM @narendramodi was very briefly compromised. The matter was escalated to Twitter and the ac… https://t.co/IwtlsMhkKs
— PMO India (@PMOIndia) 1639259320000